Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blacked out in Cincy

On Monday the power went out at dusk and stayed off for 3 hours. In this time many of the people either chose to leave their homes by manually opening the garage door or walking outside. I make an effort to meet my neighbors, yet there are still many that I have not met because they do not go to the board meetings or annual picnic. Having an attached garage means that most people just get in the car, drive away from the house and come back right into the garage, never interacting with the neighbors. This was a rare opportunity to unplug ourselves from the electronic world and go outside. I met a couple of my neighbors in the HOA then actually met some people in the surrounding downtown area. Perhaps we should have a random annual black out in all safe neighborhoods with the proper safety protections set up.  

No comments: