Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gold Metal/White Eyebrows/WW2

I was playing with a new formulation of ice cream. The factory was so impressed with the product that they sent them into the Kentucky State Fair with some of the normally produced products. The judges could not get enough of the stuff. So we won the gold metal (first place). How cool is that? One of my colleagues did try to give me a guilt trip of saying that it didn’t seem fair because I was out taking candy away from some 4 H kid. That is a bit over simplified; there were plenty of other big players in the competition. It is not my problem if they are not as good, the rules were clearly defined.

I have had white hairs on my head since 7th grade so I have told people that was wisdom. A couple days before my birthday I notice that I have white hairs on my eyebrow. Now that’s sad because that means I won’t be able to pass as a college kid much longer. A pretty young lady offered to teach me how to pluck my eyebrows without making them hurt.

Microsoft is always patching their software because it never comes out right the first 20 times. The latest patch made my Microsoft Word 97 unusable. The suggestion from MS when it crashes is that the program is not longer supported and I should look into upgrading it. Brilliant business strategy, send out a patch that forces consumers to buy your new product.

Over the Labor Day weekend I was in Warrington Virginia and we got to fly in a WW2 recon plane. There was no door on the plane so you just climbed in and hoped that when the plan turned the 70 year old lap belt would hold you in the plane.

No comments: